The Scarsdale Writers Center held its Festival of Writing on May 16. The event took place at Bronx River Books in Scarsdale which was a perfect setting for the reading. Twenty-five writers read from their current work. The pieces covered a large variety of topics:
1. a fairy tale poem in which a young child tries to explain to the tooth fairy why she couldn’t find her lost tooth;
2. a woman from the Middle East who shocked her family and friends by going to graduate school instead of getting married;
3. a broken Weight Watchers scale that always told the user that she is losing weight;
4. a story about Florida, “Gods Waiting Room”;
5. a cat who teaches his owner how to trust;
6. a father who totally controls the game of Monopoly when playing it with his children.
We give thanks to Barbara Josselsohn, the wonderful teacher of the Writers Center, who somehow gets each writer to write in his or her own voice. The event is announced in The Scarsdale Inquirer. We hope you join us for the next festival.
High Point Drive, Hartsdale